Tuesday, June 01, 2004

This whole post is going to be sort of a stream-of-consciousness review of my week. Almost 600 college students all jumping and chanting things like "crazy crazy crazy, etc..." and "More Jesus, More Sweat, more Jesus, more sweat, etc..." It does something for the soul lemme tell ya! I spent the last 8 days at Pine Cove learning everything there is to know about the ministry, and have never agreed so whole-heartedly with anything. But there's this...tension...also. I've always wanted to work there. I wanted to be the girl standing in front of the mid-schoolers and leading the motions to the songs. I used to want to speak to thousands of teenagers at conferences, but I don't anymore. My mindset has changed from conferences to coffee shops. Shallow as this may seem, I don't want to wear Khaki shorts that touch my knees and a belt and take out my piercings in order to minister. I don't want the guys to have to cut their hair and shave everyday. BUT everything inside of me, after this week, agrees with Pine Cove staff doing all of those things. So...maybe...yikes...maybe Pine Cove isn't the place for me. That's what part of me says...then the other half chimes in... I LOVE mid-school girls. I love the idea of having a cabin full of them to teach and love for a week. I can picture us standing on our chairs and yelling and cheering and making memories. And, if I'm serious about wanting to teach them about their identity in Christ, this is an ideal time to start.
I will work at PC this summer. I will love it, I'm sure. But the reasons I would have loved it two years ago and the reasons I will love it this summer are different, and I didn't realize there was going to be a change. Much to process... BUt for now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find khaki shorts that'll touch my knees...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home