Thursday, October 13, 2005

"We do not want merely to see beauty...We want to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it." -C.S. Lewis The Weight of Glory
That sounds good. I'll have that.
I don't know what's going on lately.
Life is good...Really good. I'm so...blessed.
My family is doing well. (My brother just bought a new truck and is stoked about it.)
I've been dating Daniel for seven months now, and it's awesome.
School was a little bit easier this week.
I've been getting 7 or 8 hours of sleep every night.
I've been exercising. (Official half-marathon training has started...ish.)
I get to go to freaking Pine Cove this weekend.
But I still don't exactly feel on top of the world. I feel tired, worn out, bored, dry. The class discussions that used to really interest me now inspire a mental coma and situational ADD. I'm currently reading four books on either postmodernism or emerging churches and I'm sick of it.
But life is so good.
Why am I so unenthusiastic?
I know that ultimately the answer has something to do with God, but I haven't quite figured it out beyond that.
Any suggestions on how to get really excited about life, other than illegal drugs, would be greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home