Monday, June 21, 2004

I finally saw my school. It was a beautiful drive and there are only two turns on the way, so I shouldn't get too lost. (I have the worst sense of direction of all time; I get lost in every major city I go to. The list is getting pretty long and includes some fantastic cities.) We had just passed over the border into Arkansas and stopped at a gas station. When asked about the rain the kind employee informed us that, "it wuz jus' quit 'bout 15 minutes ago." my response: I hate Arkansas. Despite the bad first impression, I really do like the campus, the staff all seem super, and I'm really excited about my major and minor and such. I'll be going for a B.A. in Biblical and Theological Studies and a minor in marketing. Note to all who feel that those fields aren't related: I think that's the problem. I think they need to be. We need to be teaching girls (and guys I suppose, but I gotta stick to what I know) about the lies of advertising. They need a biblical world-view and in the mid/high-school years MTV and YM magazine is their world. So the goal is to bridge the gap between the two seemingly unrelated fields. (I apologize for the cliche gap-bridging metaphor.)
On a much much more depressing note, last night I came home from a wonderful time chatting with friends and stepped on my laptop. Broken screen. $650 because I lost my balance. Doesn't that just make your stomach turn. yeah. AND I will be purchasing the stang from my parents so I called State Farm to ask about insurance. Do they honestly think they have a chance at getting my business by charging over $200 a month? Because they don't and they won't. I will be calling my new friends at Geiko and asking the Gecko if he can do any better. Kind of a bummer of a day, but...the high in ol' SoCal is 72 degrees and I will be there on Wednesday. Things are looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home