Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Today I skipped my first whole class of the semester. (I walked out of one last week, but I was there for the quiz so that doesn't really count.) Honestly, I'm pretty proud of myself for making it this far. Besides, the class is Foundations of Christian Scholarship. I mean really...Is that necessary?! Thanks for the suggestions for my paper. It's due tomorrow; I have to work today=yet another very late night. I'm afraid I will most definitely be relying on artificial stimulants for that one. But on my mile-long list with special markings for "urgent" and other markings for "important" I only have two more points. Fall Break begins on Thursday at 2:40. I know I'll have to do some homework, but I have big plans to rest.
On that note...I have a question. What is rest? I know it's not just sleeping (though that would be fantastic), but I really don't know what it would look like. Jesus said "Come to me all who are weary and carrying heavy burdens and I will give you rest." (Mt 11:28) I think of rest as what comes when I get everything marked off my things-to-do list, but Jesus said to come for rest while you're carrying heavy burdens. How is that possible?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home