Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Go college.


I have to write a book report today.  I haven’t done this since college and I thought it might be like riding a bike, but apparently my I-haven’t-read-the-book-but-can-B.S.-my-way-through-a-couple-of-pages ability has atrophied.  It could be that the book is less than captivating…or at least the first chapter and a half is.  It could be that the writing part of my brain has been absorbed by the blog/twitter-stalker part.  Whatever the reason, I would like to grant five metaphorical points to all of the professors who claimed that getting a liberal arts education would be valuable in the long-run for the sake of “learning how to learn” and whatnot, because even though it may take a little more time than it used to, I will be able to write this summary/ reflection.   I will convince the probably non-existent reader of my little essay that I read this book and deeply value the concepts therein.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home