Monday, September 20, 2010

I wanted to write about the fact that I often have a physical reaction to particularly intriguing thought processes. Like, when l read a blog that I find particularly insightful or challenging, then I consider commenting on it…then my heart pounds so hard I can hear it…heck, I can see it.

I thought this would be best described as a physiological response. I thought physical+logical. That’s an amazing concept. God is so crazy cool.

Then I decided to write about all of this, so I looked up the definition for physiological, assuming it would be a concisely-worded version of the phenomenon I was pondering.

But this is what it said:
Physiological: Being in accord with or characteristic of the normal functioning of a living organism.

This definition does not describe the intrigue of having a physical response for a mental notion. It makes it seem mundane, commonplace…boring. But then, the more I stared at it, the more I liked it.

That heart-pounding is in accord with the normal functioning of a person.

Maybe I should be more aware of how rarely this physiological response comes. I should be concerned NOT when my heart pounds out of my chest, but when it doesn’t. My lack of enthusiasm about…almost everything…is uncharacteristic of me as an organism.

I think I hear Switchfoot’s “Meant to Live” playing off in the distance. That’s cheesy, Switchfoot.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quality of this player is not as high as other players. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry ooutlet sale[/url] Consciously smiling, complimenting, and uplifting every soul that you come into contact with, can be a powerful design for living. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose expedition[/url] Znvuslncs
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora jewellery[/url] Lxnonpkma [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose jacket sale[/url] sfbgyxncp

 
At 1:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I not a better mother and my son isn a sweeter child. uggs on sale A real trend is a vibration that can be felt throughout. ugg boots Thereâ„¢s no sure-fire trick for entry "it helps if youâ„¢re in fashion, are outrageously dressed (catwalk looks and costumes all welcome) and know the bouncer. north face jackets At first glance, in his goggles and white lab coat, he is immediately written off as a crazy person, and that suits him just fine. http://www.morenorthface.com Given that this is a Disney film, you can probably guess the story overall arc before the lights even come down in the theatre.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home