Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Yesterday was quite possibly the most productive day of my life.
7:28- wake up and panic
7:29-run across campus
7:30-arrive in class (on time!)
10:00- get out of class, skip chapel to do my statistics homework
11:30-Statistics class, during which I wrote a card to a friend for her b-day.
12:45-leave class
now the times get a little blurred but I
-talked to a career development guy, told him what I want to do, and what I'm thinking I want to change my major to. He said something extremely helpful like, "yeah. that sounds good." Thanks for your time.
-talked to the advisor for the Youth Ministry major. I told him that I don't want to be a youth minister but I want to minister to youth, and asked if youth ministry is where I should be. He was much more interesting and exciting, and said something helpful like, "yeah. that sounds good." Thanks for your time.
-watched a few minutes of the Madrid v. Ukraine football game. (some guys were watching in the lounge and I couldn't help but stop. Guys, don't look at me like that; I'm not here trying to impress you by appearing interested. I'm here to watch the game.)
-filled out the "Change of Major" form turned it in to Biblical Studies division and the registrar.
-asked why a) I still have freshman status on my profile, and b) why my Capernwray credits aren't on there, to which I found out they don't have my transcript, and therefore have no record of my ever being there. ALSO found out that I could get up to 16 hours of credit!!! And, on top of that, the Youth Ministry major requires and internship which I'm pretty sure I've already done. That'd be another 9 hours. Hip Hip Hooray ( I hope.)
-emailed Capernwray for a transcript.
-went to Barnes & Noble and read 60 pages of The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonheoffer. Then I picked up another book on the way out called Reviving Ophelia. It's all about teenage girls. It said that 1 in 5 teenage girls is dieting, and 1 in 8 has an eating disorder. The book was written ten years ago. I can't imagine what those stats are like now.
Can't wait to find out about credit transfers. I may be out of here by December 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home