Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Training update: I ran four miles last night...well...I ran three miles on the treadmill, then I got off, stretched, then ran another on the track. I think that still counts.
Pine Cove was here recruiting summer staff at JBU yesterday. I didn't even know any of the people here but I had a blast. Some people say it's a cult, and maybe they're right, but I'm alright with that. The people are fantastic.
Question: I'm struggling to find a church. There's one in Fayetteville called The Grove that is about 95% twenty-somethings. They meet in a bar on Sunday nights. I really enjoy it, which makes sense since it's catered to me. But I hesitate to call it my church "home." I don't want to miss out on the wisdom that can be shared by older members. I feel...selfish. On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with really liking the music and atmosphere. There's nothing wrong with going to church at night instead of in the morning. And there are people older than me...just not many that are very much older. I don't know. It's not the conventional "church" but they teach the Word and worship the Lord. I'm sick of going to different places every week. Do I go to one of the 90000 that I've visited (and wasn't all that fond of) and just choose to make that home? What are your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home