Monday, January 10, 2005

It's been a while. I should have warned you I suppose, but I didn't really know. I checked my e-mail a couple of times, but other than that I spent my break avoiding the computer at all cost. I'm sure there's some psychological reason for the avoidance but I don't want to think about it.
A month in review:
-Chicago was amazing. My cousins apartment has an amazing view of the city. We went ice skating in Millennium Park, walked in the snow while drinking Slurpees, talked, went to the comedy club where a lot of SNL people got their starts. Saw friends from Capernwray at Wheaton. Great life conversation. Weird life realizations. More travel fiascos to add to my ever-growing list. Cancelled flights, delayed flights, etc.
-Finals...probably no different than anyone else's finals week: some studying mixed with a lot of procrastination. A combination of excitement about the upcoming trip to Pine Cove and lingering, at times painful, thoughts of the time in Chicago.
-Pine Cove. I planned on staying for a night then heading home to enjoy the Progressive Dinners and other festivities, but, alas, they were short on help for the weekend, and I just can't say no to a weekend at Pine Cove. Great reunion with staff. You know that movie Mean Girls? I had pretty much the whole cast in my cabin. Tough.
-Home. Parties, coffee, movies, books, food, hair dye, family, friends. The thought of getting specific is pretty overwhelming. So much. Maybe more will trickle out over time.
-And now I'm back at school. Today I endured my first 5 classes of the semester. (8, 9, 10, 11, and 1 o'clock. Ridiculous). Coming back hasn't been half as hard as I thought it would be. Praise the Lord.
...and there's reason to believe, maybe this year will be better than the last...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home