Thursday, June 25, 2009

After reading some blogs and thinking about camp, I wrote a little poem.
I know that the tense changes. I know that it's been two years since I was there; I still get overwhelmed by it.
And I wrote.
Don't judge me.
____________________________

Camp again. My heart a drum.
I deeply dread, and yet I come
With honest expectation of
Seeing Jesus, feeling love.

I cry along the road trip here,
Forgetting grace, consumed by fear.
Then I’m there, the road just ends
And I have to jump and make new friends.

The weeks are short, the days, so long
The millionth time to sing that song
I’m can’t be excited anymore.
I need to sleep; my legs are sore.

But a camper’s heart begins to melt
Thank God. The pain no longer felt.
Miracles abound out here
As her blank stare emits a tear.

A tear, the evidence of Him
A love that’s felt in every limb.
Her arms once crossed, now raising high
Beautiful. I can’t help but cry.

The weeks are short, the days, so long
And I’ve been given a brand new song.
Jesus heals, redeems, and frees
Within the walls of those pine trees.

I cried the road trip home that day
Exhausted, sick, again afraid
I know that He is everywhere
But times like those…they seem so rare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home