Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thoughts.
-You know that wonderful burning sensation in your throat when you’ve eaten a ton of chocolate? I love it. And thanks to massive bag of mini M&Ms in my drawer, I’ve got it going on right now…before noon.

-I have a swollen lymph node in my neck. No other symptoms…just one large node. It’s a mystery.

-My mom bought me the new Beth Moore book about insecurity…the day it came out. I feel a little insecure about that. (Incidentally, Beth Moore is hosting a sort of book club on her blog. She will assign a couple of chapters and related questions each week and women will discuss by commenting. She did “Roll Call” yesterday for anyone who is interested in joining, and nearly 5,000 women have committed to studying it together! You think she hit a nerve? Wow!)

-My husband is out of town. Boo!

-My grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. That breast cancer thing is really getting on my nerves. I kind of hate it. I do not, however, hate the hilarious t-shirts you can purchase that include sayings like, “Big or small- save ‘em all!” and, “Save the ta-tas” and, for a little girl, “Find a cure before I get boobs.” Had a good laugh reading through those. Women can be pretty funny. (They can also be really annoying and manipulative, but that’s a different story for a different day).

-You know those moments when you hear someone else say something that you have been thinking for a while…and you thought was original…but THEY said/wrote/sang it, not you? And you’re glad, because it needed to be said/written/sung, and it kind of validates that what you were thinking was good and true and right. But then again, you also kind of feel like you got kicked in the stomach because YOU thought that, and YOU should have been the one to share it with the rest of the world. It’s like they stole it…but you can’t be upset with them because they didn’t know any better. They were just sharing what they thought needed to be shared. Ugh. I love/hate those moments, and I feel like I’ve had quite a few lately. They’re stealing my destiny. What am I going to do when I finally get out of here? If I ever get out of here…

-I had a dream last night that I was pregnant and giving birth in the middle of a busy intersection and the paramedic that showed up to help was a totally smarmy, shady guy. What does that mean?

-I find it mind-boggling how a conversation I had almost 3 years ago can still haunt me every single day. How do you stop that from happening? Maybe my new insecurity book will help…

-Sorry I haven’t blogged more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home