Monday, January 31, 2005

I spent my Friday evening conversing with some fellow tall girls. There were four of us, all over 5'10". We talked about the struggle of pant and bathing suit shopping. We talked about things people have said, followed by "just kidding," that actually were just hurtful and have stuck with us for years. We talked about how we want to be "petite desert flowers" but instead we're always the intimidating ones. We talked about how the mindsets in a "normal" girl and a tall girl are totally different. Basically, they were expressing the same things I expressed in my post from Oct 26.
Then something hilarious happened. Topic of discussion has ventured to the ever-so-popular, "But models are tall!" response that we get all the time. (By the way, when you say that to a tall girl, the thought going through her head is, "Yeah...and if I lost 40 pounds and changed____, ____, and ______...then that would be a possibility!") So we were saying how that just doesn't really cut it. The girl on my left then said the following:
"The next time I hear a short girl complaining that she's fat, I'm going to be like, 'But cartoon characters are short and fat'. I wonder if that'll make her feel any better!"
I laughed. uproariously. we all did.
She added that she had Winnie-the-Pooh in mind. She said she'd tell the short girl that it's ok because, "Everybody loves him!"
So funny...but probably only to us...(shifts weight awkwardly)...situational humor...probably just tall girl situational humor. Never mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home