Tuesday, August 17, 2004

I'm home. Still feeling pretty frantic and unprepared. I'm supposed to be at school tomorrow for orientation. They're going to just have to get over that. I'll get there Saturday and will just remain disoriented.
Today I took a few minutes to read through my journal from Pine Cove. It's strange how much you learn, and how much you forget in the course of six weeks. I have a list of stories and things I learned entitled "What I would've blogged." I may get to them. I may not. Right now I'm lacking the energy, focus, and mostly the courage to write what I really want to put down so I'll just tell you a funny story instead. Has anyone ever woken up in the middle of the night and started getting ready for your day because, for some reason, you thought it was morning? Sunday July 4th. Very first night with campers. I had survived the first meal, the first club, the first cabin meeting, the first theme night, and now my 7 eighth grade girls and myself were sleeping soundly. 2:30am I woke up. Then I panicked. Then I woke up one of my campers. I told her she was late for her swim check (the rest of the girls had done it the day before) and to quickly get up and put on her bathing suit. She did. Then, as she was changing, I looked at the clock again. 2:33am. Then I panicked some more. She came out of the bathroom and I told her what I had done. I apologized profusely, begging for forgiveness. She was incredibly kind, got back in bed and went to sleep. I laid on my bed thinking, "I just ruined camp for this girl! I ruined camp!" Let me just tell you how great of a start that was. Fantastic. That's it for now. Stay tuned for a more thorough camp review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home