Monday, August 23, 2004

Today I went exploring. I kept thinking as I was driving that maybe I was just looking in the wrong places. Surely there's more to this town than this. But, alas, my wanderings have shown me otherwise. That's ok. I'll just have to get creative.
Classes started today. All of my teachers gave the ol' I-know-everyone-says-this-but-my-class-really-is-the-most-important-one-you'll-have-at-JBU speech. Are they kidding? Wellness 101 isn't life-changing. I guess, ultimately, I'm glad that they're passionate about what they're teaching, but come on!
Then I spent some time filling out job applications. (Hey Brent and Steve I put you as references so tell them you think I'm perfect for whatever it is they want me to do.)
Now I'm back from dinner with my roomie and a couple other girls. As we were sitting and talking the soccer team walked sat down at a table nearby. A couple of them were icing their knees and a few had their big yellow socks pushed down around their ankles revealing the shin guard lines. I was suddenly completely uninterested in the conversation we were having. I don't know when soccer went from just enjoyable to a passion, but it definitely is now. I want to play so badly it's unbelievable. Intramurals will start soon and that'll be good, but I don't know if that'll be enough. It killed me that I couldn't watch the women's game against Germany today. (If they play it again, I'll pay someone to record it for me!) I got online and read about it, play by play. grrrr.

No real news yet. Nothing deep or insightful or even spiritual. Sorry. I'll try harder next time, but for now I'm focusing on just getting words down on the page. Short assignments. Bird by bird. One inch picture frame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home